Do you enjoy working on lakes? Creating maps? We are currently seeking a hydrographer / geoscience professional for the position of a Hydrographic Surveyor / GIS Analyst in Kansas City, Missouri. This position requires a high-energy leader who has a passion for the geographic industry. This person will interact with other industry professionals throughout the United States.
The Mapping Network is a business organized to perform hydrographic, sediment, and UAV surveys on land, lakes and river systems for a wide range of clients throughout the United States. We operate from our office in Kansas City, Missouri along with fifteen highly trained professional companies located around the country. We provide this service for a variety of client needs including generating bathymetry, sediment volume, dredging, topography, and water volume information.
The Mapping Network works directly with engineers, dredging companies, lake associations, developers and government organizations. With over 1800 completed hydrography projects, our company and personnel have been leaders in the development of technology for over a decade.
Full-time Hydrographic Surveyor / GIS Analyst
Kansas City, MO with required travel
The Hydrographic Surveyor / GIS Analyst will provide data collection and processing services on lakes, land and rivers throughout the US. Position resides in Kansas City, MO.
Position Reports to:
This position will provide data collection and processing services on lakes, land and rivers throughout the US. Some projects are local, most will require travel.
- Perform hydrographic, sediment, and UAV surveys on land, lakes and river systems
- Generate bathymetry, sediment volume, dredging, topography, and water volume information
- Develop Maps
- Partner with the marketing team to lead a demand creation plan, including marketing and promotion, ongoing competitive analysis and market research, as needed.
- Responsible for the continuous improvement and evolution of our services, including new program development. Monitors and responds to continued quality and trends
- Manage project development and customer service
- Highly Motivated and Self Driven
- ArcGIS with 3D analyst
- Hypack / Dredgepack
- Professional Grade GPS data collection
- Basic knowledge of Sonar
- Basic knowledge of projections and elevation datums
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe and Database Management
- Attention to detail
- Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent overall writing skills
- Good project management skills
- Creative thinker
- Client focused
- Research skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Quick to adapt to change
- Team player
- Bachelor’s degree in Geoscience or Engineering related field
- Basic understanding of boats
- UAV/Drone flying and technical
- Remote Sensing, LiDAR, Imagery
The Mapping Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please send resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org