The Mapping Network and Allied Biological completed a lake mapping project for a client in New Jersey. The client is this case is a community association that manages 6 water bodies. The purpose was to give the client more accurate information about the lake, which had never been mapped to this detail before. This is their 3rd largest lake and the community has already mapped the two larger lakes with the professionals at The Mapping Network and Allied Biological. The bathymetry map assists Allied Biological, as their lake managers, in developing better management strategies, ie: determining herbicide application rates, focusing on areas that may support nuisance plant growth and sediment accumulation, and locate suitable areas for in-lake plantings or aeration systems.
Since 1982, Allied Biological has been an industry leader in providing lake management consulting and wetland restoration solutions. With an experienced, year-round staff comprised of biologists, environmental scientists and aquatic habitat specialists, our company manages and restores more than 20,000 acres of ponds, lakes, reservoirs and wetlands using a variety of management techniques.Allied Biological provides the largest range of lake and wetland services for New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Delaware including:
- Lake Mapping: bathymetric lake mapping, aquatic vegetation mapping, invasive wetland species mapping
- Fisheries Management: fisheries studies, fish removal, fish stocking
- Lake Weed and Algae Control: weed removal through hydro-raking, chemical applications, biomanipulation
- Consulting Services: water quality assessment, feasibility studies, vegetation management plans, lake management plans
- Lake Aeration: Freshlake Aeration and floating fountains
- Wetland Vegetation Control: mechanical removal and chemical applications to control invasive species
For more information about Allied Biological or any of our aquatic restoration & management services, please contact us at 908-850-0303.
In northern New York, please contact us at 607-286-7257.
More information on Allied Biological can be found on their website: www.alliedbiological.com
The Mapping Network: The Mapping Network is a nationwide group of professionals providing the highest quality and most affordable bathymetric and land mapping products on the market today. Our staff has been using GIS and GPS technology for land and water services since 1995. Over the years we have developed proprietary technologies for data collection, analysis and map generation. We have shared our technology with a select group of companies throughout the nation to form the largest, most affordable, and highest quality products of its kind.